Re: hot backups question for experienced DBA's

From: Burt Peltier <burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:01:58 -0500

You don't recover the redo logs (just archived ones). The redo logs tell Oracle recover command important information that cannot be recovered (like current SCN - system change number). Sounds like you are aware, but obviously the online redo logs are the most important files in Oracle - that's why they are the only ones that can be mirrored (multiplexed) .