Re: Binding a boolean pl/sql

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:15:03 -0700

Martin Drautzburg wrote:

> After reading some old postings I believe that it is not possible to
> "bind" a boolean parameter or return code. This is because boolean is
> not an SQL datatype, so there is absolutely no way out. Obvously
> Sqlplus does not allow a "variable foo boolean", but even with Pro*C
> or perl you could not possibly bind a boolean.
>
> Is this true ?

I am not sure what you are asking. But the following two statements are true in PL/SQL and Oracle.

  1. There is no data type of Boolean
  2. Variables in stored procedures, functions, packages, and triggers may be of type Boolean.

I hope this helps.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Apr 28 2001 - 22:15:03 CDT