Re: UNION CASTING .

From: Frank <franjoe_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:30:14 +0200

Hi!

I'm not a very good tuner; but I can supply some ideas :-)

Is it so that your union view is used in a much larger query? Try to replace your union view with the a inline view along the lines of

change from:
SELECT col, col, col
FROM tables,

            v_view_in_trouble
WHERE stuff

change to
SELECT col, col, col
FROM tables,

            (SELECT * FROM ... UNION SELECT * FROM ...) WHERE stuff

and check if the optimiser comes to any new conlution? If it does, perhaps the "merge view" hint could help

Frank Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 12:30:14 CDT