imp00069 error - help needed

From: Jan Kucharski <jkucharski_at_altavista.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:45:26 +0100

Hi,

I have a dump of an 'unknown' database.
Want to import it to my solaris system but am receiving this imp00069 error.

How can I find out which char set it was exported ?

the log file of an error:

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path

Warning: the objects were exported by SYSTEM, not by you

import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set IMP-00069: Could not convert to environment national character set's handle
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jan
jkucharski_at_altavista.net Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 11:45:26 CDT