Re: oradim equivalent on UNIX?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:21:57 -0700

M Greener wrote:

> I am trying to create a new instance of Oracle on an AIX box. What is the
> equivalent to an "oradim -new" command on a Windows NT system?
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>
> Mathew Greener

There is no equivalent because UNIX has no equivalent to Windows Services (how's that for an oxymoron).

Speaking from Solaris experience ... You must put the shared memory and semaphore information into SYSTEM. You must create the DBA and OINSTALL groups and the ORACLE user. Then just install the software. Start server manager and create the instance. I may have left out a few minor points here like network config. but anything related to Oracle installation is clearly documented in the readme file on the CD.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Apr 27 2001 - 01:21:57 CDT