Re: runaway query

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:15:14 -0400

This query will show you who's running what...

select
 username,
 sid,
 serial#,
 status,
 decode(sql_text, NULL, 'NON-SQL (DDL, GRANT, etc.)', sql_text) sql_text from
 v$sql a,
 v$session s
where
 s.sql_address = a.address(+)
 and username is not null;

Also, you don't have to guess as to what Oracle session goes with a particular unix Oracle process. This query will tell you exactly which one it is.

select p.spid UNIXpid, s.sid, s.serial#, s.username, q.sql_text from

  v$process p,
  v$session s,
  v$sql q

where