Largest Table Size in Oracle

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_spamisnotcool.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 00:27:07 GMT

I was asked a question today which I couldn't answer. "What is the largest table that Oracle will support?"

Looking in the 8i reference under "Physical Database Limits", it seems the question should be what is the largest file size, which is "Operating system dependent. Limited by maximum operating system file size; typically 2^22 or 4M blocks."

Would I be correct by saying that a table will fit into a tablespace containing a file, whose size is OS dependent, but typically 2^22 x OS blocksize x 1022 (max files per tablespace - typically)? Received on Thu Apr 26 2001 - 19:27:07 CDT