Re: Can you spread a database across multiple servers?

From: Andrei <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:38:59 GMT

datafiles sitting on NFS will result in bad performance, plus NFS is not reliable.
you can try looking into disk arrays and SAN.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:11:52 -0800, Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us> wrote:

>If we have 2 Win2K servers, one running Oracle & one for our apps, and
>we run out of disk space on our Oracle server, can we create a datafile
>on the other server? Hypothetical question at this point-we're still
>setting up our first Win2K server but our plans are to eventually have
>2. The Oracle server's hard drive bays will be full while the file
>server will have several empty bays. Should we plan on buying an
>expansion chassis for the Oracle server, or can we use the empty bays in
>the other server?
>
>Thanks.

In case I forgot to mention:
We use Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 750-3630
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email