Can you spread a database across multiple servers?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:11:52 -0800

If we have 2 Win2K servers, one running Oracle & one for our apps, and we run out of disk space on our Oracle server, can we create a datafile on the other server? Hypothetical question at this point-we're still setting up our first Win2K server but our plans are to eventually have 2. The Oracle server's hard drive bays will be full while the file server will have several empty bays. Should we plan on buying an expansion chassis for the Oracle server, or can we use the empty bays in the other server?

Thanks. Received on Thu Apr 26 2001 - 15:11:52 CDT