Disk paritions, 36g/4 or 36gig/1

From: Chuck Carson <chuckc_at_clinicomp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:37:33 GMT

I am building an Oracle DB and am limited to 4 - 36gig disks.

Disk 2 is for index space, and disk 3 and 4 are for data space. My question is, is it better to create one large parition on each disk, or break it up into smaller partitions? The schema for this database is not very complex so segregating various tables and indexes is not really necessary, I will simply have all indexes on 1 spindle, and the data separated across 2 spindles.

Thanks,
CC Received on Wed Apr 25 2001 - 13:37:33 CDT