Re: what happens when you do shutdown abort while a tablespace is in backup mode

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <joseph.kazimierczyk_at_bms.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:36:27 -0400

If tablespaces are in backup mode when a shutdown or crash occurrs, then upon startup you usually see something like 'file x.x needs media recovery'. Recovery from backup is probably not needed. Just do something like this, and you should be back to normal:

startup mount
alter database recover automatic database; alter database open;