Re: move database from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:23:18 GMT

Why would you want to 'copy' the data files. Surely the alternative to export/import would be a database migration.

Short answer is, no file structure change that I know of, although the dictionary rebuild scripts all need to be run as usual on an upgrade (e.g.. Catalog, Catproc etc.)

Also you will of course have a full backup prior to the upgrade. This may be what you are thinking of the copy for!

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United
Kingdom)

The views expressed herein by the author of this document
are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd.