Re: Management Server - What?

From: Scott Watson <swatson_at_datachest.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:22:58 GMT

You need to have the management server on the database where the repository is installed.

However, it doesn't sound like you need OEM just yet. Try lauching the tools individually DBA Studio, Security Manager, Schema Manager, and Storage Manager and select the option to connect to the DB and not the repository. (You cann connect like a regular sql plus session)

After that read the OEM user's guide.

HTH
Scott.

"Kenneth Jensen" <kennethj_at_mailme.dk> wrote in message news:9c3h7g$jf9$1_at_news.inet.tele.dk...
> I have never used Oracle before, but now I have installed the Oracle
> Enterprise version. When I try to use the console in the Enterprise
 Manager,