iFive call for speakers (SQL Summit, XML DevCon, Web Services Summit)

From: Ken North <knorth_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:54:59 -0700

iFive will run at the San Jose Convention Center from October 29-November 1 and the call for speakers is open until June 4.

iFive co-locates three events, including SQL Summit 2001. We expect SQL Summit to become the premier event for database developers and administrators. Like the XML DevCon conference series, SQL Summit is a multi-platform event. At one conference, you'll be able to learn techniques for developers using database and middleware products from Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Sybase, Informix, iWay Software, Neocore, TimeTen, and other database and middleware innovators.

Anyone who speaks will be in good company: Don Chamberlin (co-inventor of SQL, ACM Fellow) Peter Chen (father of E-R modeling, invited expert to W3C, IEEE Fellow, ACM Fellow)
Paul Cotton (Chair, W3C Query Working Group, editor of SQL-MM standard) Matthew Fuchs (father of SOX, W3C Schema Working Group) Charles Goldfarb (father of markup and co-inventor of SGML) Jim Gray (author, transaction processing guru, Turing Award winner) Terry Halpin (author, father of Object Role Modeling) Molly Holzschlag (author, Special Edition using XHTML and other books) David Linthicum (author, EAI and B2B guru, CTO SAGA, ) Jim Melton (author, editor of the SQL-92 and SQL-99 standards, chair of SQLX)
JP Morgenthal (author, Enterprise Application Integration with Java and XML and other books)
Craig Mullins (author, DB2 Developer's Guide and other books) Dan Rogers (co-author of UDDI 2)
Simon St. Laurent (author, XML: A Primer and other books)

Previous editions of XML DevCon 2000 and 2001 received an excellent response
from speakers wanting to participate in the premier conference for enterprise XML education. For the Fall 2001 event in San Jose, we're expanding the database, web services, and e-business content and producing three conferences (XML DevCon 2001, SQL Summit 2001, Web Services Summit 2001).

The excellent response we've had to our previous calls for participations enabled us to put together strong technical programs and build a reputation
for having knowledgeable speakers. This XML conference series is recognized
as THE enterprise XML event because the technical program includes XML technologies, e-business, messaging middleware, databases, Java, application
integration, and B2B integration technologies. We plan to continue this tradition of excellence at future events, including the Fall conferences in
San Jose (October 29-November 1, San Jose Convention Center).

XML is a key technology for building 21st century applications. People attend our conferences to improve their skills and stay abreast of XML, e-business technologies, and enterprise computing. People also know they will hear from experts such as Tim Bray, Don Chamberlin, Peter Chen, Charles
Goldfarb, Jim Gray, Jim Melton, and Terry Halpin.

We're interested in technical presentations about integration technologies,
web services, the semantic web, wireless technologies, databases, e-business, exchanges,
portals, EAI, m-commerce, Java programming, topic maps, document design, modeling, OLTP, OLAP, OLCP, portals, middleware, business intelligence, data
warehousing, data mining, database-powered web sites, SQL techniques, SOAP,
WSDL, and data access. We are also interested in presentations about XML-related technologies and specifications such as DOM, SAX, VoiceXML, SMIL, XML Protocol, RDF, Query, XLink, Schema, and so on. If you have an idea for a session for developers, technical managers, or even people getting started with XML or SQL, please submit a speaker proposal. We think
you'll enjoy the opportunity to be in San Jose to speak at an exciting software conference.

GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
If you are a leading IT practitioner, educator, visionary, notable technical
expert, or industry analyst with practical experience who is interested in addressing a technical audience comprised of software developers, engineers,
software architects, system analysts, consultants, and IS/IT managers, please send your information to Alton Finley (altonf_at_camelot-com.com) or contact Alton Finley at 212-251-0006 Ext. 19.

All speaker proposals/submissions should include:

Title of Presentation
Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, or All Length of Presentation 50 Word Abstract
50 Word Bio (50 words each for multiple authorship) Full/Proper Name
Company Name
Full Postal Address
Phone
Cell/Pager
Fax
Email addresses

NO PRODUCT PITCHES!!!
We take great pride in our educational content and faculty integrity. In our
experience, attendees don't hesitate to ask for a refund or openly criticize
speakers who have, in their opinion, wasted their time and money trying to pitch a product. Speakers with this reputation, or who do not focus on the topic at hand, will not be asked back. If you are interested in offering classes specific to your product or service, our Product Education Sessions,
Management Briefings, or Developer's Days may be of interest to you. For more information on publicizing your product, sponsored sessions, and exhibiting/vendor opportunities, please contact Jeffrey Wainhause at jeff_at_camelot-com.com or by dialing 212-251-0006 ext.11.

iFive (XML DevCon 2001, Web Services Summit, SQL Summit) Call for Speakers

[...]
XML is a key technology for building 21st century applications. People attend our conferences to improve their skills and stay abreast of XML, e-business technologies, and enterprise computing. People also know they will hear from experts such as Tim Bray, Don Chamberlin, Peter Chen, Charles Goldfarb and Jim Gray.
We're interested in technical presentations about integration technologies, web services, wireless technologies, databases, e-business, exchanges, portals, EAI, m-commerce, Java programming, topic maps, document design, modeling, OLTP, OLAP, OLCP, portals, middleware, business intelligence, data warehousing, data mining, database-powered web sites, SQL techniques, SOAP, WSDL, and data access. We are also interested in presentations about XML-related technologies and specifications such as DOM, SAX, VoiceXML, SMIL, XML Protocol, RDF, Query, XLink, Schema, and so on. If you have an idea for a session for developers, technical managers, or even people getting started with XML or SQL, please submit a speaker proposal. We think you'll enjoy the opportunity to be in San Jose to speak at an exciting software conference.
Ken North
Conference Chair

GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
If you are a leading IT practitioner, educator, visionary, notable technical expert, or industry analyst with practical experience who is interested in addressing a technical audience comprised of software developers, engineers, software architects, system analysts, consultants, and IS/IT managers, please send your information to Alton Finley at altonf_at_camelot-com.com or dial 212-251-0006 Ext. 19. All speaker proposals/submissions should include:

Title of Presentation
Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, or All Length of Presentation 50 Word Abstract
50 Word Bio (50 words each for multiple authorship) Full/Proper Name
Company Name
Full Postal Address
Phone
Cell/Pager
Fax
Email addresses

NO PRODUCT PITCHES!!!
We take great pride in our educational content and faculty integrity. In our experience, attendees don't hesitate to ask for a refund or openly criticize speakers who have, in their opinion, wasted their time and money trying to pitch a product. Speakers with this reputation, or who do not focus on the topic at hand, will not be asked back. If you are interested in offering classes specific to your product or service, our Product Education Sessions, Management Briefings, or Developer's Days may be of interest to you. For more information on publicizing your product, sponsored sessions, and exhibiting/vendor opportunities, please contact Jeffrey Wainhause at jeff_at_camelot-com.com <mailto:jeff_at_camelot-com.com> or by dialing 212-251-0006 ext.11.

SPEAKER BENEFITS
Speakers will receive a complimentary, VIP conference registration. Speakers will be presenting and networking with a targeted audience of highly qualified software developers, programmers, and managers. All speakers' names, bios, abstracts and professional affiliations will gain considerable exposure through our conference brochure, website, and on-site materials. Received on Tue Apr 24 2001 - 15:54:59 CDT