Re: Good random number source in oracle

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:46:40 -0400

if you are using sysdate, recall that sysdate gets down to milliseconds...what is the likelyhood that anyone would know the precise value of time wrt milliseconds when the function actually received a value from the system clock? you can use the low end of the systdate squared and then modified further...etc etc