Re: multiple databases in oracle

From: mboldi <mboldi_at_primushost.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:30:07 -0000

I am attempting to do this myself.
I have created a instance/database on a server. Then I do a shutdown of this instance/database. and I am able to create a new one. However, If I attempt to startup both instances (dbstart using /var/opt/oracle/oratab)
The first one succeeds, but the second one failes... I get ORA-03113.
I think the problem comes from memory allocation for the 1st instance consumes all memory & the second cannot load. I am interested in other folks success & failures in getting multiple instances of oracel on one server...