Re: multiple databases in oracle

From: Tony Tay <tonyt_at_infosci.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:24:59 +1000

More thoughts on this issue:

My company is intending to run a bureau service and as such rather than just using different instances of Oracle, another way is to use different SIDs or databases so that each client (company) that uses our service can be isolated from another client's databases. Would appreciate if people who have experience in this area comment on the pros and cons of using multiple instance as oppose to using multiple databases.