Re: form6i performance Thought

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:14:52 +0800

Steve wrote:

> I have a form6i server on a NT box of one P533 cpu and 240M mem. With
> only a couple of users accessing, the cpu time is constantly up to 100% and
> not go down even after users logout.
>
> Anyone has any thought about it? In addition to hardware, what are
> software related idea too?
>
> Very appreciated.
>
> Steve

Are the users just disconnecting their browser (ie not cleanly exiting) ? There is known bug in 6i where this can cause spins... 6i.3 I think fixes it

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"