Re: PL/SQL Editor recommendation

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 23 Apr 2001 16:57:28 +0300

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:
> I have found TOAD to be buggy. Not nearly up to the standard of Quest's more
> expensive SQL Navigator product. And way too much money for an editor.
>
> My personal suggestion is WinEdit which is available for download from the net
> as shareware. It will also edit everything else from C to HTML to JAVA.

And I might add that I've found PL/SQL mode for GNU Emacs to be a killer app. It works ok with XEmacs too. The trick is to open another emacs buffer, do "M-x shell" there and run your sql*plus in that buffer. That way you can cut'n'paste to/from you (pl/)sql-code buffer without having to touch mouse in between.

And this has quite good price/quality ratio :)

http://www.iki.fi/costello/pls-mode.tar.gz for example, this was originally made by Oracle.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"