Re: SQL*Plus scripts vs DBMS_JOB

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:19:22 -0700

You can try DBMS_PIPE but I really don't understand why. Just turn each of your scripts into a procedure in a package. You can still execute them from the command line but you would have the advantage of also being able to execute them using DBMS_JOB.

Why make things difficult for yourself just because they are small?

Daniel A. Morgan