Question on Grant Execute

From: Sally Madeira <sallym1_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:35:19 GMT

I am having some problems with grants and I am sure it is what I am doing. I have 5 users. Each user has the same tables (we just need to process data seperately). I currentlty have the same packages in all 5 users and finding that it has become a maintenance nightmare. This is what I tried to do. The Division User is the Main user. I have all the packages and procedures in that user and want the other 4 users to access the procedures/packages in Division. I created a role called R_PROCS_USER and granted Execute rights on the packages and procedures in the roll and gave the users the role. This actually ran when I executed several procedures in one package in Division but when I went to see if the tables where populated in the calling user they were not (It said the procedure from FRF User ran successfully). When I tried calling another packege it did not work.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to execute procedure that are located in one USER that are called from another.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Received on Sat Apr 21 2001 - 17:35:19 CDT