Multiple Ora_arc Processes

From: Ralf P. Loserth <loserth_at_verdad.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:10:00 -0500

Hello,

   I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8. When I run a Hot Backup, I issue the command "archive log stop", back up the archive log files, retain the current one, then issue "archive log start", I end up with a second archive process, ora_arc1_mstore, along with ora_arc0_mstore. A subsequent hot backup gives me yet a third, and so one. When shutting oracle down, shutdown hangs until I kill -9 all of them. The only one that stops with the shutdown is ora_arc0_mstore. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong to start all these processes?? Any help appreciated!

Ralf Loserth Received on Sat Apr 21 2001 - 21:10:00 CDT