NetApp NFS, Oracle 8.1.x and Sun Solaris 2.7

From: Elvis Leegwater <elvis.leegwater_at_marviq.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:04:08 +0200

Hello

Currently we are considering to buy NetApp NFS solution for our Oracle 8.1.x environment on Sun Solaris 2.7.

Is there someone who can share his experience with this solution especially with Sun Solaris 2.7?

Must Oracle be configured in a certain way? Can all Oracle files, control/redo/data/archive, be placed on the NFS drive of NetApp?

Which is the best way/method to backup the Oracle database on NFS? Are the snapshot tools from NetApp really bulletproof?

Does somebody use any kind of failover with the NetApp solution?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Elvis Leegwater
Oracle DBA
The Netherlands Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 06:04:08 CDT