OEM installation failure

From: BISWAS SATYAJIT <ext2szb_at_ups.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:41:58 +0000 (UTC)

RDBMS Version:: 8.1.7
Operating System and Version:: NT4
Product :: OEM
Product Version:: 2.2
OEM Console Operating System and Version:: NT4

I am facing problem installing OEM V 2.2. After I select my product from OEM installer . Then when the installation starts and reaches 100%. It was escaping without giving any error or asking further like which database to install the OEM management reporsitory etc. When we go to the Oracle universal installer. It never shows that it has installed the software. No info about OEM. In start MENU it shows some of the OEM options . It exit the installation after 100 % without giving error.

Then I completely deinstalled the Oracle 8.1.7 (8i RDBMS) and also removed the partital OEM2.2and followed the instruction from Oracle supplied Note : 74790.1 (Cleanly deinstalling RDBMS software From 95/98/NT). After doing that I installed the RDBMS Oracle enterprise edition 8i(8.1.7) and then tested the database connectivity it is working fine. The 8i enterprise edition software installation was succesfull. Then I again started installing the OEM 2.2 . Then it failed after reaching 100% without giving me any error message. As far as disk space they are fine. I captured the last few line from install.log and they are like ...........
Starting install install phase 2 of component VMQ shared Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Shared Class Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Patch of Shared Class Files Starting install install phase 2 of component Enterprise Manager Win32 Application Common Files
Calling action w32OcxRegActions1.7.1.5.0 RegisterOCX OcxPath = D:\WIN32APP\ORACLE\oem22\bin\mmdx32.ocx WorkingDir = D:\WIN32APP\ORACLE\oem22\bin

Calling action w32OcxRegActions1.7.1.5.0 RegisterOCX OcxPath = D:\WIN32APP\ORACLE\oem22\bin\mmtx32.ocx WorkingDir = D:\WIN32APP\ORACLE\oem22\bin

How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks
Satyajit Biswas

--
Posted from xavier2.ups.com [198.80.14.116]