Re: ipcs -m output

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:37:03 -0500

On my platform ( AIX ), ipcs -am has CPID and LPID.

CPID=process id of the creator
LPID=process id of the last process to attach or detach

While none of the CPID processes still exist ( I've got about 5 instances on this particular machine ), the LPID entry is dynamic. So, I just start a session and connect to a database, then look for the pid of my host process ( oracle<SID> ) in the LPID column of the ipcs output. This maps SID to SM segment.

Kind of clunky but it works.

-Kevin