Re: 8.1, 8.0 and prior and snapshot too old

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 04:54:39 GMT

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:26:13 +0100, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I hadn't noticed it - however I believe a recent
>change in Oracle has allowed rollback blocks
>to be packed more efficiently.

Ah-ha! Darn, I wish ORACLE would point out these things more clearly!!!

>I don't know when the change happened, but perhaps it
>would be sufficient in an OLTP system with a large block
>size to result in a visible reduction in 1555 errors.

Precisely the case. Well, not OLTP pure but close. Trying to reproduce the problem in 8.1.6 and couldn't...

Oh well, I'm happy with outcome anyway. Just wanted to understand why the heck it happened.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 23:54:39 CDT