Re: Help ? Urgent SQL*NET question...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:46:48 +0200

"Dorian Creber" <dorian_at_ntlworld.nospam.com> wrote in message news:17%D6.1793$991.180796_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Hi all,
> I hope I'm in the right place :-)
>
> I'm trying to find out how to set the "default array size" in sql*net
> v2.x.... ???
>
> Can anyone point me to the right solution ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dorian_at_ntlworld.com

There is no such thing is sqlnet, that's a client issue. You can set the SDU though, the session data unit, the maximum number of bytes sqlnet will send in one go.
This issue should be described in the sqlnet administrators guide. I say this because I right now don't remember how to set it in listener.ora, I do remember how to set it in tnsnames.ora connect_data =(
(sdu=<any multiple of the Maximum Transmission Unit of the network, usually 1500>)
... rest of definiton...

something similar needs to be done in listener.ora as sqlnet will always use the lower value and the default is 2048.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA