Re: Anyone using 8.1.7 Generic Connectivity + Merant Solaris ODBC driver to talk to SQLServer???

From: Andre van Winssen <awinssen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:47:40 +0200

David,
I'm using the HSODBC framework to run queries in Oracle against SQLServer7 en SQLServer2000. Mainly for copying the data. Performance has never been an issue.

The fact that MS databases are case sensitive in column names and table names is quite irritating. It means that I have to put the column- and tablenames between double quotes, I.e.
  select "emp_id" from emp_at_mssql2000

Regards,
Andre van Winssen

"David Sisk" <davesisk_at_ipass.net> schreef in bericht news:xFND6.7272$481.3300486_at_typhoon.southeast.rr.com...
> We're considering giving this a try. We're looking at using the generic
> connectivity features included with Oracle8.1.7 EE (platform is SPARC
> Solaris8) with a Solaris ODBC driver from Merant, and talking to
 SQLServer7