Re: taking very long for the instance to shut down

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:02:40 GMT

Sunil Pant wrote:

> I don't understand why it takes so long (around an hour) for the instance to
> shut down - after the database is closed and dismounted. There are no big
> transactions also. Your input is highly appreciated.
> sunil

Sunil,

are you currently using any SNPn processes? these jobs can hold up a shutdown immediate - but they shouldn't effect the instance after the database is closed. you may want to kill SNPn processes prior to shutdown, or use
(in sqlplus or svrmgrl)

shutdown abort
startup restrict (I believe that you can specify job_queue_processes=0) shutdown normal
quit

hth,

Paul Received on Fri Apr 20 2001 - 01:02:40 CDT