Re: SNMP problem

From: Hieraklion <hieraklion_at_spray.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:11:05 +0200

"Bonjour" from Paris,

lsnrctl status <LISTENER> returns SNMP = ON ? Sometimes, there is a mistmatch between upper case and lower case. Can you try to send the listener using for example :

1 / lsnrctl start <LISTENER in uppercase> restart the SNMP agent (drop the two configurations files snmp_ro.ora et snmp_rw.ora before the start - keep the old snmp_rw.ora somewhere if you have change something inside)
do your tests

Same things with :

2/ lsnrctl start <listener in lower case>

"Au revoir" from Paris
Hieraklion

Michael Wagner a écrit :

> Hi
> The problem is i get no error message. If i try the lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
> command i get the meesage sub Agent is running. But if i connect from our
> snmp Client to the Database i get no values. I have a other Solaris on this
> maschine works the snmp support. Now i have tryed to find differeces between
> the maschines but i haven't found any differenc. Which are the importantly
> files for SNMP and oracle.
>
> mike
>
> Hieraklion <hieraklion_at_spray.fr> wrote in message
> > "Bonjour" from Paris,
> >
> > I have the same architecture and no pbm. Can you put the error message ?
> >
> > Hieraklion
> >
> > Michael Wagner a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have installed Oracle 8.1.6 under Solaris 5.7 with snmp support. After
 the
> > > installation i have configured the snmp und run the lsnrctl and start
 the
> > > snmp with dbsnmp_start. I think it all OK no messages comes back. Than i
 try
> > > the get values from the database and i get immediately a errormessage.
 This