Re: Linux 2.4 Kernel and Oracle 8i

From: Todd Gillespie <toddg_at_linux127.ma.utexas.edu>
Date: 20 Apr 2001 00:14:03 GMT

Tim Buterbaugh <timb_at_giant.com> wrote:
: Does Oracle officially support any Linux versions using the 2.4 kernel? We
: are about to upgrade to 8i and need to upgrade our Linux as well, but don't
: know if we can use 2.4 or not.

It runs fine on mine; a hacked-up Debian Potato system with a 2.4 kernel.

Just make sure the kernel minimums (shared mem, semaphores, etc) specified in the Oracle install docs are there. IIRC, there are fewer changes to make on the 2.4 kernel than the 2.2 kernel.

Just make sure you're using the glibc2.1, not 2.2! Received on Thu Apr 19 2001 - 19:14:03 CDT