Re: Quality of response to TARs

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:32:57 +0100

This is good advice. However I think it is notable that someone like Jonathan who is well respected in the Oracle Community, a board member of his relevant OUG, still can't get satisfactory service out of Oracle Support. The fact is if you give Oracle a good test case which is easily reproducible the call should automatically be escalated from front-line support to a tech. I don't know how many other folk here started off in Tech Support but that is just standard practice.

I also can't help but feel that the whole metalink experience over the last year or so has been a classic example of how CRM or E-CRM solutions can easily be implemented to significantly and adversely affect your relationship with your customers. It is also a spectacular own goal if Oracle is serious about getting into the ASP market.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA