Re: Snapshot Too Old

From: Roxl <nospam_Roxl_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 02:42:31 -0800

If your selection logic is simple - then I'd suggest you look into the SQL*Plus command COPY. This will perform the required COMMITs as it goes and has never given me a problem with snapshot too old.

Import/export is also not a bad idea - however COPY doesn't require the additional disk space.

If you need to include complex logic (ie wish to use PL/SQL) there are ways to do that also - but the explanation is slightly longer.

Cheers,

Richard Gowan