Which column is being updated

From: Simon Irvin <sirvin_at_synomics.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:00:37 +0100

Is there any way I can make use of whatever information Oracle uses to decide whether or not to fire a trigger that is only invoked on updates to a subset of the columns in a table. (Hope that makes sense!) What I suppose I mean is when you define a trigger to be fired on "UPDATE OF column1" how does Oracle know it is column1 that has been updated and can I obtain the same information?

Cheers

Simon Irvin Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 06:00:37 CDT