Re: Quality of response to TARs

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:25:33 GMT

please read this:

http://www.nyoug.org/presdent.htm

The New York Oracle Users Group, Inc.
Message From the President's Desk - Dr. Paul Dorsey Oracle integrates its internal IT operations to save big money

What this means for users

From the user community perspective, the result of these changes has been less responsiveness from Oracle
Support. Metalink web performance has gone from slow to useless. Donā€™t look for relief any time soon.

IOUG begins April 30th in Orlando.
I don't know if carrying signs in front of registration - protesting service level - is the way to go.
But its probably a good time to hit them with reasonable examples of unacceptable service.

Imagine that the support rep is just a cashier at a fast food restaurant.
He or she is just watching the clock, waiting for the shift to end. Escalate the TAR. If you don't receive satisfactory results - escalate it again.
If the support system is overloaded - that's the fastest way of obtaining support - short of having the alpha-geek's cell phone number.

My Client Site Admins have my cell phone number for when out front lines don't handle a critical issue fast enough. Its never been abused. Make the contacts, get the email addresses.

Note:73628.1 on metalink contains:
Technical Escalations

Someone with lots of experience in dealing with Oracle Support recommends:

GO TO THE CONFERENCES.
GO TO THE USER GROUPS.
MAKE CONTACTS. Find out how to get a better level of service.

hth,

Paul Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 21:25:33 CDT