Re: Oracle - Win/Nt - 4GB Memory

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:59:26 +0200

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:16:04 +0200, "ast" <adolf.steitz_at_also.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we're runnig OndWorld with Oracle Database on Prolinat ML5700 4x700 mhz Xeon
>with 4 GB memory.
>
>During performance testing, processor utilization go's up an stayed on 100 %
>(all 4 processors!).
>
>Now we believe, that the problem comes up, when the oracle needs more than 2
>GB memory.
>
>Does anyone has any idea??
>Every hint is appreciated!!
>
>Thank's
>
>A. Steitz

If you use more than 1/3 of physical RAM you would inevitably force NT to do heavy page faulting. As you state you are using more than 2 G (why on earth, is that application so badly tuned), you should experience heavy faulting.
This can easily be verified by using perfmon.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 09:59:26 CDT