Re: Old control files

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:48:30 -0700

Go to metalink or otn or technet and find the instruction for recreating control files from scratch.

The following is a few years old but will either work or be reasonably close:

# The following commands will create a new control file and use it
# to open the database.
# No data other than log history will be lost. Additional logs may
# be required for media recovery of offline data files. Use this
# only if the current version of all online logs are available.
STARTUP NOMOUNT
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "ORACLE" NORESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG     MAXLOGFILES 32
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 32
    MAXINSTANCES 16
    MAXLOGHISTORY 1600
LOGFILE
  GROUP 1 'C:\ORANT\DATABASE\LOG1ORCL.ORA' SIZE 2M,   GROUP 2 'C:\ORANT\DATABASE\LOG2ORCL.ORA' SIZE 2M DATAFILE
'E:\ORADATA\SYSORCL.ORA',
'E:\ORADATA\USER2TSP.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\USER1ISP.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\USER1RSP.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\VBIG1RSP.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\USER1DSP.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\TOOLS.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\SFDAT.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\SFIDX.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\SYDAT.DBF',
'E:\ORADATA\SYIDX.DBF'

;

# Recovery is required if any of the datafiles are restored backups, # or if the last shutdown was not normal or immediate. RECOVER DATABASE # Database can now be opened normally.
ALTER DATABASE OPEN; But please get current instructions. I wouldn't want to be responsible for you making a bigger mess than you already have.

Daniel A. Morgan