Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Windows 2000 Install does Not Work

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:59:58 GMT

thanks much for the info.
I'm thinking that I need to take up registry scripting as a hobby. Shoot me.

if you were to install the 8.1.7 server on one box with before and after images cataloged, and pre and post install registries exported, you could throw the OUI back to the previous decade and just install the files, then run a script to install the necessary registry entries. So Oracle does not bundle this option. I smell a market.

Likewise for the clients. Install once, imitate everywhere - without the java.

Anybody want to get rich, AND TRASH JAVA/OUI in the processes? I'll bet you ONE DOLLAR you can't do it.

/*+ orange juice futures*/

Paul