Re: oracle with 64 mb ram - crucial.com

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:40:13 GMT

http://www.crucial.com

I picked up a 64 MB memory module for a Dell Inspiron for $32.00. Shipping was free.

Its Micron RAM - unless you're overclocking - its good enough. fsck compaq's pricing for RAM.
$4000 for 1 GB of RAM for Proliant 7000's? I'd like to see that company cease to exist in this lifetime.

I have Micron RAM running in my Proliant boxes at work. I have Micron RAM running in the Dell Workstations at work - ECC. One order was $600 for 4 x 256 MB PC100 ECC. Why not have a Gig of RAM in your dev server or workstation?

If it mattered that much - you wouldn't be running on Intel anyway.

BTW - if you have a 128 MB DIMM in the box - move it to a different box and order all of the ram at the same time from the same vendor - you'll be glad that you did.

Paul

a happy crucial.com customer