SERVEROUTPUT

From: David Fishburn <dfishburn_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:05:31 -0400

8.1.7
I am trying to debug an application and I need some help. The database procedures and packages make extensive use the of DBMS_OUTPUT statement.
The connection to the database is made from an EJB running in an application server.
Therefore I cannot use the SET SERVEROUTPUT ON, since I am not making the connection myself.

In other databases like Sybase ASE or Microsoft SQL Server I can use the print statement.

What I would really like to do is this:
1. Redirect all the DBMS_OUTPUT statements to a LOG on the server. 2. Set some server level option (for all connections) to turn on the SERVER OUTPUT so that I can get these messages. 3. I am not sure if Oracle has a database log (fully of messages), that I can go to view the outputted messages.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks,
Dave Received on Tue Apr 17 2001 - 11:05:31 CDT