Re: Does oracle db serialize concurrent read-only SELECT ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:34:36 +0100

Oracle does not do anything to serialized read-only queries - however you could get this type of behaviour if you query were CPU bound or I/O bound in the first place.

Are you running a small volume query
to do the test, or are you (for example) running a tablescan across a 256MB
table as the base query ?

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html