Re: oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Server? problems after reboot

From: Keith <none_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:35:14 GMT

Well, after having the same problem, and Paul helped me out on another thread above, I got it to work.

The key, I started from scratch and only had a Standalone Win2K server with my one admin account. After installing Oracle, all is well and no more Oracle not available/ shared realm errors.

There is definitely something to not putting Oracle on a ADS PDC Win2k Server. It just doesn't want to work. Nor, is it necessary, or recommended either from what I can tell.

good luck,
Keith