Re: Linux Red hat

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:43:59 +0200

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:04:14 GMT, "Ruben Zandstra" <zandstra_at_bart.nl> wrote:

>Does anyone have experience installing Oracle8i enterprise edtion(8.1.7)
>for Linux
>on Redhat7.0?
>Install notes /recommendations would be welcome...I can't get it to
>work...installation goes wrong at the stage where the database is created
>( "TNS lost contact " type of message)
>
>Thanks

Oracle 8.1.7 doesn't work with Redhat 7.0, as has been posted here *many* times before. You need a glibc patch

I will quote verbatim a similar response

I don't know why this issue appears again and again in this newsgroup. If you
would have read the archives you would have seen that RH 7.0 does not work with
8.1.7 because the glibc version is wrong. You need a patch for this. For details
please see technet.oracle.com.

Martin

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 05:43:59 CDT