Help: Local Database connection

From: <u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:08:35 GMT

I have a local database on my laptop,
Oracle 8.1.6 on NT 2000. Every time
when I log into our network, I do not
have problem coneect to my local database. But when I do not log into our network, say, at home or travel, I can not connect to my local database anymore.

My listener can not get started, because the IP address is not correct. I add the following entry to my tnsnames.ora

beq.WORLD =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = BEQ)(PROGRAM = oracle80)
(ARGV0 = oracle80shao816)(ARGS =

'(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)))')) )
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = MYSID)

)
)

which I copied from metalink, but it will not work. I always got error message saying that service name not found, could somebody tell me what is wrong with the beq entry?

Thanks for your help.

--
Sent  by dbadba62 from hotmail within area com