Re: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure... connection timeouts?

From: Joachim Pense <joachim.pense_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:30:26 +0200

Robert Nicholson wrote:

> If I let my web app sit over night and come back and to access it I end
> up getting the following.

Wild guess: Maybe your database is scheduled for a regular nightly offline backup. I regularly get this message when I leave my SQL*plus session open over night and try to enter a command the next day - and it happens because the DB is shut down every night.

Joachim Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 14:30:26 CDT