ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure... connection timeouts?

From: Robert Nicholson <steffi_at_shell8.ba.best.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:19:10 GMT

If I let my web app sit over night and come back and to access it I end up getting the following.

Now, I'm using the Java Petstore 1.0 as the web app and I'm pretty sure it uses connection pooling so I'm surprised it's not asking for a new connection when I reaccess the web app but even if it was what causes the above and why's it related to the fact that I left the app sitting for a long time and then returned? Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 10:19:10 CDT