How long should the archive log file be kept?

From: David Yeung <dyeung_at_ust.hk>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:22:38 +0800

We are running Oracle8i in archive mode. After each tablespace is backed up with steps:

   alter tablespace begin backup
   .. copy the datafiles to tapes ...
   alter tablespace end backup

Can we discard the older archive log files which were created before the backup?

Usually, how long should the archive log file be kept after a full hot backup?

Thanks

david Received on Mon Apr 16 2001 - 00:22:38 CDT