Re: Restore, a theoretical question

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:00:11 -0400

how was the first archive log created under 8i if you performed a cold backup before upgrading? perhaps you should rethink your approach. you most likely will corrupt the 8.0 dictionary if you do what you are suggesting. you should either use the 8.0 files with the 8.0 binaries or fix your 8.1 upgrade problem. attempting to mix the two is VERY RISKY.

steve long
"The world's best technology strategist." (TM)