Re: oracle doesn't start

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:12:19 +0200

"ed zappulla" <zappullae_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:9b9en7$btb$1_at_bob.news.rcn.net...
> I found the reason why our install of oracle doesn't start. We had
 removed
> c:\ora81\orb\bin from the path. We do this on all installs as we don't use
> it. Why on this one machine do we need it in the path? We also install
> reports60.

Why try to know it better than the Oracle installation procedure. Export now uses the dbms_java package, I don't like it, but I'm not questioning it Removing it from the path looks like an undesirable measure to me. Apparently the installation procedure has created this entry with good reason. If you don't use it, it will not affect you at all when it's there. However, apparently you, or Oracle, *does* use it, so better leave it alone.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Apr 14 2001 - 12:12:19 CDT