Re: Why don't Oracle start on Win2K?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:21:20 -0700

What you are missing is that Windows Services are remarkably dumb. They really haven't a clue whether something is started or not. Just that they tried to start it. What you report is a very common occurrence. Look at the Event Viewer and it will likely tell you what the problem is.

Daniel A. Morgan